Saturday, December 27, 2014

SSCS 2014

So there has been lots of eating and drinking and phone calls to faraway relatives and generally feeling in a holiday mood. Ah, Christmas - so nice.

And Chookyblue's (chookyblue.blogspot.com.au) annual SSCS swap was, as usual,  part of all the feel-good stuff. My gifts went to Anne Heidi (lappemor. blogspot.no) in Norway. I made her some gifts with an Aussie touch and she loves them. I used Ballarat girl Emma Jean Jansen's Terra Australis fabrics for the pouch and the little drawstring bag. Patterns for both were by Aussie designers, as was the pattern for the stocking. The kangaroo buttons in the parcel are by Barb Smith in Bendigo (theodoracleave.com) and so is the button on the Christmas decoration I made, which was designed by Marg Low (marglowdesigns.typepad.com) another Australian.

My swap parcel for this year was from Clare in NZ, who blogs at craftladyinkiwiland.blogspot.com.au. As well as the lovely cross-stitched ornament shown in a previous post, and a yummy marshmallow star, Clare sent this lovely wall hanging which looks right at home with all my other handmade Christmas things. The holly branch she added makes it extra-special. It's not a great photo -sorry.

Thanks so much, Anne Heidi and Clare, for being part of my Christmas and special thanks to Chooky for making it happen again.


10 comments:

Leanne said...

Beautiful Gifts Jan, its lovely to add a touch of Australia.

Susan said...

Lovely gifts sent and received. I love how Chooky's swap brings the blogging world together. I received from Anne-heidi a couple of years ago.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely gifts jan xx

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely gifts and all the way to Norway as well. I would like to enter next year. I joined another one this year and did not want to over reach myself.
Happy New Year!

Anne Heidi said...

Thank you again Jan, your gifts to me are just so lovely! Love the Aussie twist, and need to find something special to use the kangaroo buttons for!
Hugs

Lorraine said...

Lovely gifts sent and received Jan. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful gifts both sent and received in the swap....great thought for your Aussie gifts....thanks for being part of the SSCS once again.........

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely gifts Jan......love how this swap brings bloggers together!

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Beautiful gifts Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely