Saturday, February 6, 2016

FNWF

I hope you all had a good time last night, stitching or knitting  or whatever else you got up to.

I signed up for last night's FNWF before realising that I 'd be out. Ballarat's city council had the first in this year's series of Backyard Taster events  promoting multi-culturalism and community. It was a lovely evening to be outside enjoying music, dancing (we saw a performance by young Aboriginal girls and a Maori haka), a display of rare trades and chatting  with  friends. Earlier in the day I'd responded to a last-minute appeal for cakes for a fund-raising stall at the event so spent a hot afternoon in the kitchen. There was a long queue for food at the event so we ate dumplings at a nearby restaurant  instead,  (yum!) then came home to watch the first episode in the new series of the Dr Blake Mysteries. Have you seen this show? Are you a fan? We love it - good plots plus it's set in beautiful Ballarat, so how could we not?

So - my FNWF was really a solo knitting session  during the day, finishing a teeny weeny beanie and beginning another. Isn't  it ridiculously  small! Of course it is - it's  for a premmie baby. Earlier this week I came across an appeal from  Li'l Aussie Prems Foundation for little green beanies for its  6th annual Wear Green for Premmies event and these are the results so far. I'm  looking forward to more craftiness today.

9 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like a wonderful event. Love Dr Blake and now kicking myself that I missed the 1st of the new series aaarrgh! Off to book mark it now. Thanks for the reminder. Love your teeny tiny premmie knitting xx

Fiona said...

sounds like a fun evening.... I love the beanie...
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

What a sweet little green beanie. I hope you get some crafting done today.

Radka said...

I can see that you had a great FNwF, just different friends :-)
Thanks for info re Dr Blake; somehow missed it when it was on BBC, might have to buy the first one to see what it is like, sounds good.
xx

Houseelf said...

Hello fellow FNWF. What a fun evening you had! What a lovely thing to do- making preemie hats. Well done for such a good cause.

Houseelf said...

P.S. Yes big Dr Blake fans here in the UK.I remember Craig and Nadine from Neighbours!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Love the little green beanie. Sounds like you had a fun Friday night.

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun! Ballarat is such a great city, one which I visit often as my Uncle and Aunt live there. Sweet knitting for a great cause and I, too, love Dr Blake, I missed the first episode but picked it up on iView so didn't miss out in the end!

Sharm said...

Oh the beanies are just wonderful, and such a pretty green yarn as well! I'm over here visiting from both the FNWF and also the no fuss swappers! ...... Love your blog name and how it came about!