Monday, February 27, 2017

OPAM

I've signed up for OPAM again this year - am having a slower than usual start to my sewing year  (and blogging - shame on me!) so need something to spur me into action. I always like to look back through my OPAM lists and see what's been made and when.
 Not much so far this year - just two pairs of knitted baby shoes for two new little girls and a Fan Bag (designed by the wonderful Nikki) for my daughter Rosy.  Oh, and this mug rug /mini quilt designed  by lovely Amanda to mark the Year of the Rooster in the Chinese calendar. It was such a perfect gift and she loved it  - my girl lives in China and came home for a holiday during her Chinese new year break.

Late last year I signed up for an international polaroid block swap. Have you made this type of block? I hadn't and really enjoyed making them - they're perfect for using little quirky  scraps. Still not sure what I'll do with my 20 little blocks - a mini quilt? a cushion cover? but I'll enjoy working it out. 

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

you know I would love the chook...........
great polaroids.........

Maria said...

Love the Rooster mugrug...
No I've never made Polaroid Blocks but they look great.

Fiona said...

the rooster mug rug is great.... I have a packet with bits in to do one of those quilts... they are fun

Hugz

BizarreQuilter said...

Ooh! I love these polaroids. I love the way different things come into fashion to swap.

Looking forward to seeing how you put your quilt together.

Lorraine