Sunday, June 4, 2017

Happy birthday, Chookshed


So it's the Chookshed's 5th birthday - hooray! It's been lovely to think of Chooky and friends stitching away in that gorgeous welcoming space I was so lucky to visit a few years ago.

Much of my weekend was spent in my sewing room - but not a stitch was stitched. Instead, I got stuck in to some desperately-needed sorting and tidying, spurred on by a desire to actually be able to see the floor  and to find my lucky door tickets for the local retreat I'm going to next weekend. I haven't found them yet - but I did manage to find lovely stuff I'd forgotten about, to display some of my charm square packs in the rope basket my friend Jeni made me for Christmas and to do some general prettifying (the photo in the header shows the top of the chest that holds all sorts of fabrics  and is displaying some of my favourite things, including my Happy Hens from NZ.) Oh, and my collection of Liberty prints - much bigger than I'd realised - is now sitting prettily in a set of colourful  display suitcases purchased from my local quilt shop, Cotton Factory I'm pretty happy about all of that. The tidying will be continuing during the week - and hopefully my sewing table will soon be organised enough for some creativity.

3 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nice work. I get to easily distracted in mine lol! It is lovely when its all tidy though!

Janice said...

Well done! That is a great effort. I was looking for fabric in my sewing room on the weekend, which still eludes me. I found lots of interesting things too, but unlike you, I didn't do any tidying or sorting. You should be really pleased with yourself.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you got lots of sorting done and "found" some things........glad you were able to join the party.......