Monday, July 31, 2017

Where did July go?

I have no idea where July went. It's been a bit of a blur - a bit of stitching, happy times with my husband and friends, a surprise wedding (not mine!)  and lots of thinking.

The  wedding was that of a dear friend and her partner. We were invited to a venue by the lake to celebrate her birthday and after a while the real reason for the gathering was revealed. It was such fun , just the loveliest surprise.

The thinking - well, my husband and I have agreed that our 2-storey house is too big for just the two of us and we're ready to downsize. We'll have to get rid of a lot of stuff and I am REALLY not looking forward to sorting out my sewing room. We live in a suburb close to the lake and gardens and we really want to stay in the neighbourhood if possible. Stay tuned.

The stitching - a strawberry pincushion for my friend's  birthday - note to self: make a wedding present! -  some hexies to put together for the clock in Sharon's lovely book and clamshells for the dilly bag in the same book. I've joined a stitchalong for this project - it's fun getting to know the Canadian and English ladies in the group and see what everyone's doing. I'm the slowest - too many distractions. I met the organiser, Cathy,  in London last year and my Tassie friend Leanne is another member. What fun!


I'm taking part in fewer swaps these days but couldn't resist Cheryll's Christmas in July swap.  Anthea was my partner and these were my gifts - aren't they great.


 I sent to Illene but forgot to take a photo. Anyway, she likes the gifts I sent -  a Christmas stocking, a keepsakes pouch with an angel appliquéd on the front and an appliquéd holly decoration-   which is always a relief because with swaps there are so many unknowns.

What with all this, plus a visit to the craft and quilt fair in Melbourne  with my dear friend Jeni and meeting lovely Ros from bloomandblossom.blogspot.com in my equally lovely friend Annie's beautiful garden, it's been quite a month.


5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

wow big move but will be easier to manage.........hope you can find something close by.........
Wow Ros was down south........she would love Annies garden........

Leanne said...

Hello Jan
I am loving our little dilly bag sew a long. All the ladies are so lovely.
Love your Christmas in July gifts from Anthea, she is a sweet lady.

Can't wait to catch up with you in October. xxx

Janice said...

My! You have been busy. It is so good to spend time with special friends. Good luck with your downsizing. I know exactly where you are coming from with your sewing room. I sure it will be a good move for you.

Raewyn said...

It seems thre were a small group of us doing the swap this year - it's lovely to see what you were sent from Anthea....I'm off to Illene to see what you made her! The birthday cun wedding celebration sounds like it was a fun affair! Have a nice weekend :-)

Cheryll said...

Nice gifts received from Anthea. Thanks for joining in the swap Christmas in July. xox