Thursday, October 22, 2009

The quiet life

Life's been a bit too eventful in the past few weeks. The holiday was good, spending time with our daughter in China was so special, but it was all a bit tiring for poor old me - thought it was just the heat. Turned out to be pneumonia; never had it before and it has all been a bit alarming. I'm back home after a week in hospital here in Ballarat - we are so lucky here with our health care. Still very tired and a bit feeble and spending most of my time in bed but am so much better than I was. I have another week or so off work yet; will have to practice standing up and talking to people! Not ready to get back to sewing yet, but I am enjoying catching up on what everyone else in blogland is doing. Hope everyone's well and happy.

7 comments:

RG said...

Oh Jan,
I'm so sorry you've been so sick!
Do take great care and don't push yourself...
This takes time..rest and look after yourself.
I wondered how your holiday / visit with your Daughter was?
hugs to you,
Robyn xx

Allie said...

Oh no you poor thing!!! Just take it slow and let everyone pamper you - you certainly don't need a relapse. I hope you're feeling great really soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had too good a time in China...look after yourself won't you

Teresa said...

Sorry to hear you have been so sick Jan... take it easy and look after yourself.

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling much better now Jan..
cheers

TMQG said...

hi Jan, your angel is concerned her goodies she sent to you have not been seen on your blog and she is worried they have been lost in the mail, can you please confirm? It may be just because you have been unwell and thats understandable, hugs, Helen

Cathy said...

Hi Jan,
I am busily catching up on blog reading and have just read about you being unwell....hope you are on the mend by now! Take care! Cathyx