Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Little gifts


My friend Nyssa in Tassie has just had her first baby, so these gifts were sent on their way yesterday.

Isn't that little boat cute! It's the first taggie I've made and I'm so pleased with it. Having not made a softie for ages, I'd forgotten just how much stuffing they take; thought I'd never finish filling it. It was a free pattern online; sorry, I don't remember what blog it was from, or when I found the shape for the bookmark (which I included just in case Nyssa ever has time to read, which is probably not at the top of her to-do list at the moment).

The little boots are a 3-6 month size (don't they look HUGE!) and are from  Hadley Fierlinger's fabulous book Vintage Knits for Modern Babies. And the bag is a  free pattern from Lisa and Sarah at Spoonful of Sugar Designs. This little bag is my favourite quick gift and with the addition of some nice smellies (Cath Kidston hand cream in this case) or other goodies it's a lovely present. I've made so many of these but still haven't made one for myself (or at least when I did I gave it away). The next one's definitely for me!

I love making and giving little gifts and these were all products of my wool and fabric stash, which made the process even more satisfying. I hope Nyssa and her precious little boy are as happy to receive them as I was to make them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan what a beautiful parcel you have put together for your friend,you are very clever my friend,well done and i think they are all super cute,hope you are having a lovely day.xx

Susan said...

So sweet and thoughtful. I'm sure your gifts will be loved. The little boat is so adorable, a very clever idea.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What beautiful treasures for a new little person xx

Leanne said...

I am sure they will love them. That taggie is very cute for a little boy. It is so nice to give hand made.