Thursday, March 20, 2014

Little things

I LOVE little projects. Whether I'm making something for myself or for a gift, I'm more likely to finish what I've started if it's small. If it's big, or becomes a bit tricky, it's a UFO, likely to be shoved in a cupboard and ignored till the end of time. Naughty, naughty - and I know I'm not alone.
These are my latest little things.
 Little Bluebird Pincushion - designed by Leanne Knell of Petals and Patches. Sweet. It's stuffed with crushed walnut shells, my favourite pincushion filling.
 After making lots of these little bags from
  the Spoonful of Sugar tutorial as gifts, this one's for me.
And yes, I know what's below looks like a cover for a miniature hot water bottle - actually it's a jumper for a little penguin. It seems a bit quirky but it's useful - it stops penguins affected by oil spills preening their feathers and becoming more contaminated. Here's the link, if you're interested - click on the wildlife rehabilitation section. This morning I've been playing with selvedges, making a scarf from Jodie's pattern and loving sorting through the selvedge pile and reminiscing about where I bought some of the fabrics and what I made.

8 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

All your little things are just darling...love the little blue bird!

Susan said...

I am a big fan of little things too! Such a sweet pincushion, I have a similar pattern that I really should get on with. Great little penguin jumper.

Unknown said...

Those Little Jumpers are too Cute Jan..Love the Pincushion...
cheers

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

you have been busy Jan...little is good and these are all lovely...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects you have finished Jan,well done.xx

Fiona said...

such a pretty little cushion...and lots of other projects...
Hugz

Anita said...

Hi Jan,
I love little projects too but don't seem to find enough of them. Love all your projects you've been working on.
Cheers, Anita.

Jo said...

I have just started making the jumpers for penguins too.
They are so cute